Monday, April 13, 2009

Selangor Invitational Championships 2009

Perak state was invited to the abovementioned championship, which was held in Brem Mall, Kepong from 11-12 April 2009. Perak sent a 40-strong team. Based on my assumption, there're approximately 250 competitors, from KL, Selangor and Perak. Many medals of all colours were won, but it's not the most important thing. What's most important is being there to witness and learn and also to make new friends. I always tell my student it doesn't matter whether you lose or win in a match. If you were in that ring, you've won. :) I'll let photos do the talking. I took over 200 photos during the 2 day event and some videos too. Looking at the youngsters compete made me wish I was in the ring, but too bad they're only open til 2nd Degree Black Belts. It was also funny and fun at the same time to watch veterans fighting in the ring enthusiastically. Perak sent a few veteran (aged above 40) fighters there and they did get back some medals. KTV sent around 20 members and almost all of them came back with a medal, new friends, some bruises and a lot of new experience.

Veterans (names excluded :P)
Ladies veteran team pattern getting ready
Keng Chong with the overall ladies team champion trophy with Hor Kar at the back pretending to be cute XD
Ladies Team Pattern
Me with overall female team champions :)
When did Sitt and myself become girls?








No comments:

Post a Comment